Video games by their characteristics are composite objects that combine both elements of written works (program code) and graphic, musical and other elements, and by their characteristics are often more complicated to produce and provide legal support than filming a movie with a crowd for battle scenes.
SPS Legal specialists not only support the projects from the sphere of game software, but have worked in big studios for a long time and know the basic legal issues of the projects, as the saying goes - "from the first person". Our specialists provide the following types of services:
- Legal and financial analysis of the project
- Agreements with developers, employment formalization;
- Creation of the corporate structure of the project
- Tax planning
- Agreements with publishers, contractors
- License agreements
- Support of interaction with marketing companies and assortment suppliers, assortment check for risks
- Trademark registration, anti-counterfeiting, copyright protection
- Resolving disputes with users
- GDPR and CCPA compliance, ICO dispute resolution.